1. Awards Season Continues, Badly. It was the Emmy’s last night, and Neil Patrick Harris is prety awesome. But the rest of the Emmy’s were kind of awful. Hugh Laurie didn’t win for House, even though it was amazing last year. And other things won or didn’t. The Emmys are kind of lame.
2. Jay Leno Isn’t As Popular As He Thought. I don’t get the Jay Leno show. It’s just, the Tonight Show, but on earlier. And Conan is on the Tonight Show. Apparently, a lot of other people don’t get it, because he’s lost almost ten million viewers in the last week. Sorry, Jay.
3. Austrailian Politcs Are Way Cooler than American Politics. Obama calls Kanye a jackass, and suddenly everybody’s all up in arms about our president having an opinion and using a swear. In Australia, PM Kevin Rudd told Parliment to “Fuck off,” and that’s just another day at the office.
4. Gotta Love Activision. Activision’s CEO Bobby Kotick is a great guy, I’m sure, but you should probably keep him away from the interview circuit. In an interview leading up to GDC this week, Kotick laid out his plans for the future of Activision. They mostly include “only making franchises that will be able to roll out sequels every year” and “paying our development houses based on profit and not quality of product.” There’s something to be said for profit, but you don’t…say that.
5. News that REALLY Is Not Going to Change Your World. Ever since the senior development staff left, Team Ninja hasn’t been the same. So when they revealed their exciting new feature for Ninja Guiden Sigma, it didn’t really come as a shock to anyone, really. In the PS3 version of the game, you can use the SixAxis motion sensor to control your character’s breasts. I’m not even kidding. What?