1. Facebook Is Under Attack. Again. For Something. So the Facebook Matrix made a bunch of stuff public again thanks to a change in the terms of service.None of which was any different than the last time. But just remember to click the boxes again.
2. BP Inserted Their Tube in a Hole. In the hopes that they can pump out what oil from their pipeline hasn’t already killed all the ocean life in the Gulf of Mexico, British Petroleum inserted a tube into a hole. Pump on, little tube. Pump on.
3. Disney Closing Star Tours. It was announced this week that Disney is closing it’s 20 year old Star Wars ride. A lot of people (myself included) have very fond memories of the ride, but even I have to admit it’s pretty jacked up nowadays. They’re going to be rolling out a “3-D Podrace Simulator” in 2011. The prequels ruin everything!
4. That Unspellable Volcano Still Destroying Europe. The ash from Icelandic volcano Eyjajkjlpbljaukfo or whatever it’s called is still floating slowly over Europe, stopping air travel once again. Not that people in Europe have anywhere to go, but geez. Enough already, volcano!
5. NBC Gets the Axe Out. Gone are cult show Heroes (a favorite of mine) and Law and Order, which after 500 seasons, will end one season short of the record set by Gunsmoke in 200 BC. NBC officials have said that they’re willing to give both crews a chance to write a proper series ending in the form of a 2-hour TV movie if they’d like. How generous.